Re: Window seal installation questions

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Window seal installation questions
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 07:02:59 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Window seal installation questions

Would it be best to attached the clips to the seal  first, then attach the
 clips to the door, or vice versa?

i don't think you'll have much luck getting the clips to stay on that way.
i used the same tool i had fashioned for the waist seals to install the
fuzzy
door seals. in fact, the fuzzy seals clipped on better than my waist seals
did.

I am installing the vinyl first, then I presume the fuzzy
seal clips will hold this to the top of the door. When I replace the
interior door panel, the panel will hold the bottom edge of the vinyl in
place. Should I use glue, or will this be sufficient?

i used contact cement to adhere mine. applied it on both surfaces, waited a
minute or so, and then installed the new covering to door.

I am also replacing the check straps for the doors. Mine make an
awful bang when I open and close the doors. The first one I installed is
much quieter, but still makes a distinct 'pop' when the door is opened. Any
tips on making these things quieter? Sounds like something breaks every time
the door is opened.

did the same thing you did, found the new straps to be a little more muted,
but
still had the "pop" you describe. this is inherent to the design. let's see
if someone
has come up with a solution. it sounds as if the door has been sprung when
you
open it!

I have it on half way, but after some gentle taps with a small hammer, it
refuses to
go on any further. Any tips on how to get the regulator fitting to fit up
 properly to the glass?

can't help on this one, didn't have to do it. hope some of this helps.
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6
Denver, Co