Re: TR6 Diff Questions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff Questions
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:06:46 -0000
Hi Martin
I guess what you are referring to is the bit in the books, "mark the two
flanges to ensure correct alignment" or something near to this. This is
unnecessary as the propshaft is a balanced unit by itself. You have lots of
sources for diffs if going 3.7, as this was probably the most common ratio.
This diff is fitted to all the IRS cars (various ratios), some have a
different rear housing some have different front support plates, with or
without an eight inch extension, but the bit you want is the same. I would
think you would be all right with the 3.45 ratio in a 6 as I have one in my
2000 saloon, weaker engine, heavier body and that does alright for
acceleration, just need to change the speedo drive pinion for the right
readings!

Graham.