GT6 Brakes

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Brakes
From: "Mark Saffian" <saffian@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:46:43 -0600
Merry Christmas List!

The weather in north Texas has just turned cold for the holidays but it
has been in the 60s and 70s much of the last week so I had the GT6 out
some.  It has developed some peculiar braking behavior and I'm not sure
what would cause it.  When I step on the brakes, the car slows as
expected.  After slowing some, the brakes suddenly "push back" at me.
There is no loss in braking power - it just seems as if the brakes
suddenly got a lot stronger.  If you are expecting this behavior, it is
not too difficult to control but it is clearly the result of a
malfunction somewhere.  This car has the power assist unit on the brakes
and I suspect the problem is there.  Brake fluid is still up to the fill
line and it is clean.  There are no spots under the brakes on the four
corners.  Can anyone recommend a method of testing this power assist
unit?  Is it repairable or do I need a new one?

Thanks.
Mark Saffian
Farmersville, TX
1973 GT6    KF22412U