RE: [triumph_vitesse] DIY electronic ignition

To: <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, <triumph_vitesse@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [triumph_vitesse] DIY electronic ignition
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:37:24 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Triumph_Cars" <triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com>, "Triumph Stag Discussion Forum" <stag@digest.net>
Chris Byard wrote :

>  I guess the Germanium power transistor used in the
> given circuit would probably deliver the wetting
> current as its gain is probably fairly low. However
> finding one now would probably be a bit difficult- my
> usual Google entry of HEP235 data turned up nothing so
> it's probably obsolete, along with the zener diodes
> quoted too. The circuit was probably a junk box
> special back in 1969 when the originator used

My apologies for not checking on device availability before posting the
link.

An NTE-127 is listed as a replacement for the HEP235, I found several places
on-line that appear to carry it.  Likewise, NTE-5158A replaces the
HEP-Z2547.  However, at the price I found listed for a NTE-127 (US $32), IMO
this circuit is not worth pursuing.

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth
Randall