Headlamp Trim Ring

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headlamp Trim Ring
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:33:55 -0500
Cc: Bob Krivenko <krivenkb@pa.net>, Joe Laurito <TRglory@comcast.net>, "John Krause (home)" <jktr250@comcast.net>, Rich Roenigk <RRoenigk@aol.com>
I know the list has discussed this many times but the list
search is not working, so I will go back to the well.

I'm starting to work on the electricals and found that my
'59 TR3A had 2 different headlamps.  One with the 2 adjusting
screws and one with the 3 screws.  The 2 adjusting screws are correct
for my build number so I ordered the complete replacement bucket
assembly.  I riveted on the snap piece to the outer bucket and
got all else in place. I have the after market outer trim rings
so thought I would test fit this to the new bucket (heck, they
both came from Moss).  Well, I can see no way that this is going
to fit onto the bucket and provide a clean seal around the lamp.
If I pry and force it, maybe, but I can't imagine it will stay
snug. I also noticed that it is a good 1/2" wider than the original
trim ring.

Any thoughts  on how to secure this to the bucket from those who
have tackled this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 Tr6
'59 TR3