Forwarded: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1384

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1384
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:26:53 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.
Useful subject line, too.

If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: TeamTiger21@aol.com
     Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:24:51 EST
     Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1384

In 1970 during my sophomore year  I drove a 1960 TR3 with 12 to 1 compression
and a hot cam to college in Bemidji Minnesota. The TR replaced a 100-6 I had
my freshman year. We would go weeks on end and it would never get above 0
degrees. I put a block heater on it the fist winter and that at least let me
get it started each morning. I almost electrocuted a student when the
extension cord I had running out of the aluminum dorm door got cut through.
At 20 below with the heater blocked off  it wouldn't even defrost the
windshield. Handling was another story. Remember those  bias plys with the
small red sidewalls? Looked good but didn't work at all in the snow. Worked
better though than the Sunbeam TIGER i drove in my senior year.

Barry K. Schonberger
9017 Farmington Drive
Evansville, IN   47712
(812) 985-9592 H