Re: Who's driving today?

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Who's driving today?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 17:15:54 -0500
Well, I finally got out on the road about 3pm. Somewhere in the 30's-40's
out there, before considering convertible wind chill. Those vent wings are
the greatest at keeping wind out! Just pop them about 4", and it deflects on
the sides. I use the visor the same way- upward tilt to adjust the
slipstream. Nothing like driving a convertible, top down, in the cold! My
sweater collection is now starting to pay off. And the leather issue flight
jacket works great. Now to get a "Snoopy Scarf"- the 6' silk filer's scarf
to wrap my neck in(although the good old tartan plaid one works quite well.
T.G.  the heater is useful!

I am hoping to have my tonneau cover finished and in place soon- that will
save some of the heat. And once I finish the top, I will be able to drive
anytime. :)  I am also planning a lap warmer setup- a blanket with snaps on
one edge to snap to the underside of the dash, and a hole cut out and
finished, for the stick to pop through. Said blanket will extend back to
almost the back seat- that way it can be pulled all the way up when driving
topless(or, rather, hoodless) I will probably make a matching blanket for
the back seat, although it won't have the advantage of heater supplied
warmth. I may even make winter seat covers...

I have to make a better radiator block- I made one which blocks about 50% of
the width of the wide style radiator, but still the needle only just makes
it to "Normal" temp. I would like her to run a little warmer than that-
preferably about halfway up the scale, where she usually does in warmer
temps. Think I'll try a 70% block.

Scott
enjoying winter so far in the Herald...

PS- I think I fixed the bouncing speedo- instead of the cable being too
long, I think it was a hair too short! I looked into it last night, and
there was only a little over 1/4-3/8" sticking past the plastic piece on it,
so I carefully brought it through to about 1/2" Now she is quite stable,
although with about 1 needle width of jump, if at all.