TR6 original radio was eBay values

To: Robert Rudolphi <robertrudolphi@netscape.net>
Subject: TR6 original radio was eBay values
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:37:56 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAEGgBpE019423
Message text written by Robert Rudolphi
>Speaking of original radios, I have this exact one in my 74 TR6. One
question to the list, I noticed in the auction it listed the display having
a blue light. My radio does not light up other then the orange stereo
light. I noticed there is an extra wire coming out of the back of the radio
that is not connected. Could this be for the light? The wires currently
connected are. Power, right and left speaker. I seem to recall the wire
that is not connected as being a non-fused wire and red in color. I think
it grounds through the center support, as there is no extra ground wire.
Any one know what this extra wire is for and where it connects?
<

The red wire is for dash lighting.  It is likely that the dial light in the
radio was wired to come on with the lights which would require a hook-up to
the red wire.  Connection to the red/white wire would allow it to dim with
the rheostat.

Dave