Re: Powder Coating and Brake Fluid?

To: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating and Brake Fluid?
From: Doug Bach <db10782@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:18:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Paul,

Brake fluid is very aggressive, and will soften/remove most coatings,
including powder coatings.  Having said that, some epoxy powder coatings
do have good brake fluid resistance.  If it's a urethane, a polyester,
or a epoxy/polyester coating it probably won't have good resistance.

Powder coatings aren't all alike, just as liquid coatings don't all have
the same performance qualities. Various powders are formulated to have
certain properties to fit the end use, such as chemical resistance, UV
stability, etc.  It's not a "one size fits all" deal.

Best regards,

Doug Bach