Re: Ignition fault question

To: "INTERNET:Mickylong@aol.com" <Mickylong@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Ignition fault question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:41:17 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Message text written by INTERNET:Mickylong@aol.com
>I haven't owned this 6 very long but both of my former cars had
significant problems with the electrical side of the ignition switch and
I've
noticed with this one there is not a clear sense of the switch moving from
one position to the next.  For example, if I "touch" the key too hard while

in the "on" position it kills the ignition without the key moving to the
"off" position. While this might seem more like mechanical wear, I wonder
if
it impacts the electrical side as well.
<

There should be a clear "detent" in the various positions of the ignition
switch.  This detent is a part of the lock mechanism and not the switch
itself which is unfortunate in that the switch part is easier to replace.
You should get this fixed since loosing ignition while underway can be
rather inconvenient.

Cheers

Dave Massey