RE: Wire?

To: "ebk" <ebk@buffnet.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:31:36 -0700
>     I would like to know what is the type of wire, gauge, material
> make-up, strength, etc., used or recommended for 'tying-up' bolts?
> Ex.    What I would use to secure [tie] the bolts that hold on the
> Adapter Plate for the OD 'A Type' to the tranny?     OR    When racers
> tie the bolts?
>     I'm only 1 TR Digest back in readings :-) , so if you wish to reply
> to the list instead of me personally, that's fine because I think others
> might benefit for your response. TIA,

Cosmo, there is a particular wire sold just for this purpose, it's called
"safety wire" (in the US anyway) and is made of soft stainless steel.
Should be available at any racer's supply, aviation supply, even Harbor
Freight.  It's available in different sizes, but .032" (20 AWG) should cover
all TR uses.

Randall