Haunted TR6 and Invasion get together

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Haunted TR6 and Invasion get together
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all:

You may remember my "haunted" TR6 that I wrote about last month - with the
strange snapping noise coming from where the right trailing arm meets the
frame.  After a lot of frustrating false starts I've now inspected everything I
possibly could - replaced the rear bushings, mounting brackets, and all the
hardware.  I am hoping for the best (peace and quiet that is) when I bolt it
all back together and drop it off the jackstands tonight.  If all goes well
we'll be off to the British Invasion tomorrow for the 9th consecutive year.  If
not we may be driving a Saab instead.

Either way I'd like to invite all listers to a little post-show get together
that the British Motorcars of Vermont is having on Saturday.  We'll start right
after the awards ceremony when the show ends for the day.  Each year we rent
"The White House," which is on the grounds of the Golden Eagle Motel and
located just 200 yards from the show field.  Even my car can make that
distance!  Come on over for hot and cold snacks and put some faces to the names
that you've been dealing with over the years.  Soft stuff provided.  Hard is
BYO.

77 degrees and sunny right now here.  The weather forecast for the weekend is a
toss-up.  Should be another nice day tomorrow for driving.  NOAA says possible
rain on Saturday, clearing Sunday.  The Weather Channel believes that the front
will move through slower and has it the other way around.  Temps in the high
70s both days.

Joe Merone
CF18928
South Burlington, VT