Cranks for TR6

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cranks for TR6
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:04:12 -0700
Interesting observation (I think it is interesting,
anyway) -- a new crankshaft for a '74 TR6 from Victoria
British is $199.99, and a new camshaft is $249.99, but
a remanufactured camshaft is $299.99.

So for some reason, a new crank is cheaper than a new
cam, but a remanufactured cam is more than either.

Does this pricing seem odd, or am I missing something?
I am  rather surprised by how cheap the cranks are. Are
the new cranks machined and ready to accept bearings or
do they still need to be machined?

Perhaps the new parts are inferior products and the
remanufactured parts based on better cores?

Just curious...

shook
'74 TR6
los angeles