Re: Help!!!!

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help!!!!
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@BuckeyeTriumphs.org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:06:29 -0400
Hugh,

The Triumph part number for the spring in the clutch master cylinder is
510815 (from TRF catalog).  Moss UK says to substitute part # 510815A which
they list for 1.47 British Pounds ~ $2.25.  You can check out their website
(www.moss-europe.co.uk) to see how to order.   I call, but have a discounted
international calling plan that makes calls to the UK ~ $0.10/minute.
Without the plan it was like $0.50/minute.  Air Mail shipping and handling
for a large A Type OD spring was less than $6 and I got it in 4 business
days.  That's cheaper and faster than from Moss US.

If you're successful in securing the spring, you might explain to the CFO
that you saved ~$100 and suggest you should be able to spend half of the
savings on your LBC.  (After 40+ years marriage, I've learned to avoid
telling her what I spend except when I spend for her where I exaggerate as
much as possible.)

Nelson Riedel
Granville, Ohio
'68TR250, '76TR6, '70TR6 (project)