RE: man she runs

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: man she runs
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:46:12 -0400
>===== Original Message From "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com> =====
>Well, took the "3" out today for a little spirited run after the new engine
>break in, she did not seem to have the get-up & go like my old engine,
stopped
>and readjusted the timing about 3 or 4 trys, still not like i expected, came
>home changed the grosse jets back to needle & seat, double checked the
>pressure from the elec pump and set that at 2 1/2lbs., using my C/O 2 gauge
>readjusted the carbs, then reset the timing by ear, well she runs now, no
idea
>which of the adjustments I made or quite possibly all of them combined, but
>shes rather swift to say the least. Just thought I would share my happy
>feeling, sorry about the snow up north.  "FT"

Fred,

My experience with a new engine was that the real power did not come on until
about 1500 miles.  The power and smoothness improved as miles went by.  By
4,000 miles the engine was really running great.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L(O) - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn