TR4 Vs. 4-A clutch line difference?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Vs. 4-A clutch line difference?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:49:46 EDT
Hi Listers,
I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to upgrade the skinny hydraulic line
between the clutch master and slave cylinder on a TR4 to the fatter pipe
style as used on the TR4-A.
Is there a benefit to faster fluid transfer even if keeping the old style
coil-spring (3-finger) pressure plate Vs. the newer 'diaphram' style?
The max opening on a TR4 pressure plate is about 1/2" - and reduced to 1/4"
on TR4A  diaphram type (half the distance if that makes any difference)
I can see where fatter tubing would be helpful on speeding up clutch
pedalling - just wondering if the old style spring pressure plate (with the
3-finger actuators) could handle fast punching like the diaphram can - and if
net result would be a faster clutch - without undue stress.
Is it worth upgrading just the hydraulic line?
Carl -  '63 TR4