RE: TR2/3 Rebuilt Engine Still Stuck

To: "robblubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)" <robblubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)>
Subject: RE: TR2/3 Rebuilt Engine Still Stuck
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:13:49 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[616FA320:01C1EB03] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g3NKDri14042
>It may be possible that I have used the center main cap from the donor >engine
>instead of the original one from my engine.  I cannot see any >difference in
>the center main bearing caps.
This may be your first mistake -
The bearing caps are mated to each block (one reason why they are numbered)
As well as each rod and cap.  You cannot just use one from one engine and one
from another.  The only way to use different parts from different engines is to
have them assembled then bored and or align bored (the procedure that your
machinist was describing).  If this is done (correctly) then all the bores ate
true and set as they were from the factory
The block must be dissassembled, the cracked cap MUST be replaced and the whole
thing align bored - basically starting from scratch -