Brake line clips

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake line clips
From: "Mike Smith" <Mike.Smith@bbdo.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:15:47 -0400
Hello list  - can anybody please help?
I'm sure that this is a really dumb question, but exactly which way do the
clips on the brake lines attach to the chassis on a 3A?
I currently have them so that the two 'lips' or 'tangs' on the clip (the ones
where the opening is in the clip) are inserted into the hole in the frame. Is
this right? It seems to create a situation where the whole clip and the pipe
stands off from the frame by a fair bit. Or should the clip somehow be
otherwise attached to the chassis, with the opening in the clip facing outwards
- and so allow the pipe to be clipped in afterwards?
Hard to describe I know, I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks,
Mike