Re: wiper park problems - dirty rivets

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wiper park problems - dirty rivets
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:17:41 EDT
Cc: dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk
Peter,

I have just been doing the very same thing this weekend on the wiper motor
on my 4A.

<snip>

> Also the drive wheel has a different number of teeth and sweep angle. (120
> degrees TR4A, 110 degrees
> TR4) Spitfire has 150 degrees I can only assume that this reduction of sweep
> angle is to clear the vent flap on the
> TR when open.
>
> Adrian

Adrian,
I had to use two bad wiper motors to make one that worked. When my car had
the fire in it, the wiper motor got so hot that the plastic drive gear looked
like it boiled. The wiper motor off my parts car had no grease in the box and
the drive gear shaft froze to the brass sleeve. I had to drill the rivets out
that held the drive gear assembly together swap parts and put the good pieces
back together. I now have a drive gear with 120 degrees stamped on it. Both
came out of TR4's, one     has a date of  6 62 and the other 2 63. I threw
the old parts away so I don't know if it was 110 or 120 degrees. I also don't
know which car the top plate came from which has the # stamped on it. The
gear I have has 84 teeth on it. Can you confirm that this is 120 degrees?

Thanks,
Peter Schoppelry