Aluminum Flywheels

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aluminum Flywheels
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:45:07 -0700
So, I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on rebuilding the engine in my
4A.  The main reason is to try to reduce the oil leakage, but while I'm in
there, of course I can't resist trying to get a few more ponies out.  One
this I often see mentioned is lightening the flywheel or installing an
alloy/aluminum one.  I understand the potential benefits, but (other than
the price of the aluminum one), are there drawbacks?  If not, why are stock
flywheels so heavy?

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS