Re: The 'inconsistencies' of commission numbers - my findings

To: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>, <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The 'inconsistencies' of commission numbers - my findings
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:08:04 -0500
>There is a story here in Sydney about a Lotus owner who tried to register a
>US import 60's Lotus only to find that a car with the same commission
number
>was already registered here.  Both numbers were apparently genuine and many
>have speculated that Mr Chapman may have doubled up on commission numbers
>save on tax paid on the cars upon export/import. No idea if this is true,
>but it is a funny story...

The idea that ACBC might have been involved with creative bookkeeping for
fun and profit is a not an idea which is rejected out-of-hand by Lotus
enthusiasts.  Anybody who would remove parts from his employees' cars for
experimental design purposes...

And don't forget that he was under investigation when he died.  Remember
that John Delorean doesn't take vacations in Canada...

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org