Re: Inlet manifolds for TR6's

To: "James Rader" <jayrader@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inlet manifolds for TR6's
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:52:35 -0500
At 03:16 PM 4/11/02 -0400, James Rader wrote:

>Hello List,
>I have a 74 TR6 with a older 70-71 manifold in place. I also have  a parts car
>with the correct 74 manifold. I am replacing the head gasket and am wondering
>witch one of these manifolds would be the better choice? Dose the correct 74
>manifold have better flow than the older 70-71 stile?
>Any information would be appreciated.

If you currently have an early intake manifold on your engine, then you
also should have an early head. The intake port spacing is different on the
heads, and the intake manifolds are not interchangeable. Since the parts
car has the later intake, it should also have the later matching head.
Exhaust manifolds ARE interchangeable.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58