Re: SU Tuning Question:/ Blower HELP.

To: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>, triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Tuning Question:/ Blower HELP.
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:33:35 -0400
Hi Joe,

Yes, my timing is set at 12 degrees ATDC at idle of 850rpm with a
maximum advance of 32 degrees.
I assume the odor is a fuel rich smell , not an exhaust odor. A rich
condition can only be caused by either the carb or improper combustion
of fuel. If your plugs read OK (tan to light tan ) and the car is
running well , I'm baffled. This set-up has always produced more of an
exhaust smell than my stock motor I think because of the longer distance
and unusual manifold design, fuel may puddle or collect in pockets at
idle or lower rpms. Then when rpms build the wet fuel is picked up and
pushed out causing a momentary over rich condition.
Are you using a boost gauge & if you are what are the readings. It may
be unrelated but check the v-belt. I looked at mine after only a year
and it was cracked & separated. This new belt arrangement causes the
belt to bend through some pretty tight turns. The second belt is on it's
third year & has held up perfectly.
Unfortunately I'm not gonna make that gathering. I love driving this car
but I'm not sure my ass could handle that many hours on a TR6 seat
cushion.

--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6