RE: GT6 starter motor

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 starter motor
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 05:42:46 -0400
After I rebuilt and installed the TR6 motor in my GT6 I was unable to
use
the freshly rebuilt GT6 starter initially.  Sometimes it would crank and
start other times
it struggled to turn the engine over.  I have a 9.3:1 CR.  The next
season
(about 5000 miles later) I once again tried the GT6 starter and it has
worked good since then.  I intentionally wanted the GT6 starter for its
lower weight (w/o splurging for one of those high torque starters).