Re: New Stag

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Stag
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:37:16 -0400
Message text written by "Randall Young"
 >Hi all :

Hi Randall...

Congratulations on the new Stag!  We just bought a 1971 Stag (auto trans)
last year for my wife, a pic is on the web page in my signature
below.  It's a great car and it compliments the BRG 1976 TR6 we have.

You are right, the big 3 do not have Stag parts, my best source so far has
been Rimmer Brothers, UK.  I order on Sunday via web, and the order is at
my office by Friday.  I don't know how they do it, but that's
quick.  You'll also want to check out Tony Hart's site at
http://www.hartrace.demon.co.uk/ .  He's quite a guru on all things Stag,
especially the engine.  When we visited England a few weeks ago with the
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club, about eight of us went to his shop and he
was kind enough to spend more than an hour answering our questions and
giving us an informal sort of tech session on the Stag engine.  You'll hear
all sorts of horror stories re the engine... not to worry though, everyone
says that with proper maintenance and much *preventative* maintenance
you'll have no problems.

Do a Google search for Triumph Stag and you'll find all sorts of sites to
get you started.  BTW, I did just place the winning bid on a TRIUMPH STAG
REPAIR OPERATION MANUAL on eBay.  Email me offlist and I'd be glad to copy
it for you when I get it.

Best regards,
Blake Discher

1976 TR6 (BRG)