re: TR3 Trans Hump

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR3 Trans Hump
From: "Jerry Goulet" <jerrann@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:17:44 -0700
Cc: <bbrewer@starband.net>
Bill
I used automotive window putty.  It comes in rolls, it's fairly easy to work
with and its not expensive.  Try to avoid overlapping into the bolt holes
because once it gets on those screw threads it's like elastic black bubble
gum.  I think that a better option would be to get porous foam neoprene
which is insulating foam with adhesive backing.  It only sticks on one side
so removing the "trans hump" for servicing is easier.

Cheers
Jerry Goulet
1960 TR3A TS71824LO

Bill wrote:
     When putting a trans hump back into a TR, what is the black goop that
went between the hump and the floor panels and also around where the
emergency brake goes into the hump? It looks almost like roofing tar or
black RTV that has melted. What are other people using?
     If you don't use something to seal it up, does water or oil get thrown
up and work its way into the car?
     Someone please let me know.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     1960 TR3A  TS72747LO

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]