Re: EGR pipe

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EGR pipe
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 11:27:24 -0600
[Charlie, this bounced when I sent it direct]

4/6/2002 8:58:49 PM, Charles Shaw <charlie.shaw@acsalaska.net> wrote:

>Doing a little cleaning and re-assembly today and found the EGR pipe from
>the valve to the manifold is cracked open at the bend for approximately an
>inch. This is on a 75 TR6 and is Moss part number 379-425 for reference.
>Moss list this pipe as NA. Does anyone know of a source or a substitute for
>this pipe. It appears to be aluminum with the brass fittings and olives.
>Would plugging the holes cause any major (or minor) problems. Thanks for
>any help.

Years ago, the replacement "L" shaped pipe for my TR6 came from TRF.
The PO had purchased it (probably late 80's or early 90's). I suspect it does
something important. <g> I'll bet you could have one fabricated pretty
cheaply, which makes me wonder why they're NLA.

Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA
Steven Newell
Denver, CO USA