stub axle/ verticle link

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: stub axle/ verticle link
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:41:28 -0800 (PST)
I will be starting to reassemble the front suspension
on my 59 TR3A soon and had a quick question regarding
the stub axle and verticle link.  Both sides have the
stub axle held firmly in the verticle link. What does
it take to get them seperate? Just a bigger hammer??

Also, while I'm on the topic, how does one determine
when the hub axle OR verticle link need replacing? Are
there any measurements I could take? They appear to be
in good shape, to my untrained eye. I went ahead and
got a front magic suspension kit from TRF that
includes all bushings and trunnions. Are there any
other components that often need replacing? (i.e. tie
rod lever, upper fulcrum pin, etc...)

Thanks!

Richard
TS42099L