Re: Spitfire motor needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire motor needed
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:53:20 +0100
>friend needs a motor (1500) for his 1976 Spitfire.  He's in the Mid-
>Hudson Valley area of New York State.  Anybody (relatively) nearby
>have a spare 1500 in their garage?  If yes, please contact him, not
> me.  His name is Bob and he can be reached at bcarey@us.ibm.com.

You might try sending this message to the "Spitfire Enthusiast" Yahoo!
group (spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com).   Everyone there seems to
be hell bent on ripping out Triumph's finely-engineered engines, and
replacing them with V8 lumps. :-(   As a consequence, there must be a
few spare 1500 engines kicking around.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"