RE: TR6 Seat Rails

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@COMPAQ.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Seat Rails
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:54:21 -0500 . cpqcorp.net>
Bill,

You will notice a few nipples on each seat rail. Those are there to keep the
cylinders(2/track) in place and prevent the seat from going to far back or
forward. If you want to take the rails apart. You will need to tap the rail
till the cylinders clear the nipples. People say you should lightly tap the
rail but I had to whack the crap out of them. But you should be careful that
you don't bend them while tapping or whacking them. You can use a piece of
wood as a buffer. If your seat rails are in good condition...I recommend you
simply clean them and repaint them. I had alot of trouble getting the
cylinders back in.

Good luck,

Patrick Bitton