Re: mig welders

To: twr@fc.hp.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mig welders
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:34:40 -0800 FILETIME=[77FEBE40:01C1DA10]
Hi Todd,

Current circumstance has me working at Harbor Freight Tools recomending tool
stuff all day. If you are looking for a 110v mig welder there is only one to
consider. Hobart Handler 135. It comes with everything you need to run gas,
will weld 3/16 in a single pass, and is made by Miller. Anything else will
dissapoint you some day, and this is a tool you will want to keep forever.
Don't skimp!
That said, you should consider learning how to weld and braze with
oxy/acetelene. Once you clean all the rust off you will be amazed how many
things are brazed on a Triumph body. Plus, a big flame on a number 3 tip is
the fastest way to tell if that questionable pannel is worth saving or not.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

BTW, isn't there still a "shop talk" on team.net?