AC Fuel pump rebuild procedure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: AC Fuel pump rebuild procedure
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:18:24 EST
Can anyone recommend a procedure (or suggest a site that has one) for
rebuilding the AC fuel pump for a TR3A. I've picked up a used pump (thanks to
Sumner) and TRF rebuild kit, however I have never done it and I thought that
a procedure or any wise suggestion may come in handy before I start. In
intend to replace this rebuilt unit for the aftermarket one that's on the
vehicle now, keeping the aftermarket for a spare. Any suggestions, procedure
or advice appreciated.

Also, I intend to install the fuel tap at the time I install this rebuilt
pump. My understanding is Triumph at the time of this vehicle's commission
number had deleted this tap for cost saving (according to Piggot). In any
case there isn't one. Is a petcock, similar to motorcycle type preferable? Or
is there an alternative (MOSS or TRF units good quality repro's?). I'd rather
stay original (my understanding though is that the original was prone to
leaks), but what the heck, it's got electronic ignition and the gear
reduction starter, as it is, among other things that may only gain points in
the funcours judging.

Best Regards,
Ed ('58 TR3A)
nearly 8000 miles in this past 10 months