Exhaust Manifold stud size?

To: "INTERNET:ebk@buffnet.net" <ebk@buffnet.net>
Subject: Exhaust Manifold stud size?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:24:23 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:ebk@buffnet.net
>       Happy Thanks Giving to all that celabrate it.
Question to TR4 & TR4/A people: What is the stud size [diameter] &
thread for the 4 studs at the bottom of the exhaust manifold? [The part
that goes 'into the manifold' which conects the exhaust manifold to the
2 pipe section]. I belive that both ends are the same, but I don't have
any in now. TIA,<

And a happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I believe that the holes in the manifold are 3/8 UNC.  The facotry fitted
studs that were 3/8-16 on both ends but if you go to the autoparts store
all you will find studs that are 3/8-16 on one end and 3/8-24 on the other.
 These will work fine but you will have to use fine thread nuts which you
can get at the same time you buy your studs.  Get brass ones.

I know for a fact that a VTR concours judge won't catch it and I doubt a
TRA judge will, either.

Cheers

Dave