Re: TR-6 Interior

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Interior
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:42:07 EST
Pat, I put one in my 74 TR6 this last summer and you right it doesn't go in
easy around the arches.  I played and played, triming etc, until I got it the
best I could and even then it wasn't perfect.  The foam isn't the hardest
part, but the material over the foam is a real pain.  Don't be to quick to
trim the material.  Follow the instructions about glueing one end and
pulling.  That is the only way to get it smooth.  Also, watch around the
back, were the back panel goes.  I trim a little too much and had to glue a
little extra strip between the wheel arch and the back panel.  My back panel
didnot fit quite right and there was a little gap.  It took me several days
and a lot of puzzled looks before I was done.  Good Luck.

Harry Mague
74 TR6
Bevaercreek, OH