RE: Fan Mounting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fan Mounting
From: Dietmar Schlei <dschlei@pressenter.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:48:23 -0500
>For instance... to retrofit the 8-blade plastic fan on the TR4
>you need the shorter extension and crank end bolt from a TR3
>
>Brian Sanborn

You also can move the radiator more to the front!  I faced this problem and
the TRF hep line told me to file the bottom radiator holes a little out and
reajust the srtand offs at the top of the radiator.  I did this and the
radiator is now about 3/4 of an inch away from the fan and it works great.
I did about 2500 miles (daily driver) with this arrangemnt and have no
problems.  Cooling is great with my 63 TR4 even in the () + weather we had
in the St. Paul area.

Dietmar Schlei