Re: Worn splines?

Subject: Re: Worn splines?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:23:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve :

Lots of 'half-fast' repairs have been tried over the years, including
using an aluminum beer can as a shim between the wheel and the hub.
They might get you home, but none of them work very well or for very
long.

And, IMO, it's a false economy not to replace both the hub and the
wheel, as they will both be worn to match each other.  Replacing just
one will result in rapid wear as they "seat" together again, and soon
afterwards you will be right back where you are now.

The good news is that both hubs and wheels are readily available.

Randall