GT6-3 Bonnet Vents (rambling)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6-3 Bonnet Vents (rambling)
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:47:32 -0400
All this talk about "who begets a Triumph" has led me to a philosophical
apocolypse.

I've done some basic modifications to my GT6-3, but nothing particularly
irreversible or far afield from originality.  I've upgraded the suspension,
exhaust, ignition -- the PO did an engine overhaul and replaced the
transmission; the car is excellent mechanically.   It's virtually a daily
driver for me, and now I've decided to make the car more of a driver's driver.

For starters, I want to remove the stock fan, and add a high volume pusher fan
in front of the rad.  To make this modification feasible, I'll need to cut
vents in the sides of the bonnet, and I want to do so in the style of the
Lemans Spitfires.  Does anyone know the dimensions and shape of the hole,
where to get the backing grill, and how to cut the vents?  I've noticed that
when done correctly, these vents appear to have edges that are rounded in
towards the engine; how one does this I have no idea.  I suppose body shops
are capable of making this edge.  Input, anyone?

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (worker bee)
72 TR6 (garage queen)
Arlington, VA

"Most of the things I worry about ... never happen anyway." -- Tom Petty