Re: milestones

To: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: milestones
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:09:39 -0700
Hi John,

Can't help you with the color choice, but I just finished the re-upholstry
of my TR3A seats, not quite the same as a TR4, but ...

I had one uphostry shop give me an estimate- $1,500/seat. That seemed pretty
steep. I've since found a place that I think would be more reasonable (they
did an excellant job on the rear headrests on my Acura that were destroyed
by the California sun), but I was already committed to doing it myself.
I got my kits from Moss (through BPC) and I am happy with the quality, but,
they advertise them as leather seats and only the seat itself and the back
are leather, the rest is vinyl.  Total was about $700 for covers, springs
and padding kit.
John Skinner in the UK offers all leather as well as the mixed breed.  The
all leather might hold up better, I don't know if they will look any better.

The hardest part of the job was reconitioning the seat pans and backs.  If
yours need work, an upholstry shop may not be able to handle that part of
the job.  Installing the kits themselves was pretty straight forward.  I
haven't got them in the car yet, but so far I am real happy with the way
they look and feel.

Hope this helps,

Bob