Drive In Friday Nite

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Drive In Friday Nite
From: RTriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:49:19 -0500 5.0.2b (Intl)|16 December 1999) at 06/11/2001 04:49:40 PM
A genuine drive in theater still exists in Lamesa, Texas, between Midland
and Lubbock.  Last Friday, the wife and I hopped in the TR3 and made the
1.5 hour trip from Odessa; a real trip down memory lane!  What a great time
under the West Texas stars (and, I think the TR got more attention than the
movie!).  However, this time there were a few things different from the old
days:
1. We actually watched the movie.
2. We didn't sneak anyone in by hiding in the trunk (try that in a TR3!).
3. Could hear and understand the movie (audio transmitted via FM to the
radio...remember drive in speakers?).
4. Had a cooler of sodas instead of beer.
Cheers,
Richard "dated" Triplett
62 TR3
78 Spit