Re: TR3 Brake pipe Dia ???

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Brake pipe Dia ???
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:51:11 -0400
>Pat wrote :::

> I fear I know the problem but need you to confirm. I went to the local
auto
> store and bought "x" feet of the pipe, cut it to length, used my old
> fittings and had the pipe flared. I bought "Standard" pipe that would go
on
> a "normal" car... I THINK it is 3/16". The cost of these two pipes in the
> MOSS cat are what seem to me, way out of line.. but perhaps not ?

Pat, I think the Moss pipe is already bent and ready to be installed with
double flares, very simple and very easy, also connect both pipes to the
cannister  before you fasten it down. I think you will have a difficult time
trying to put the bends in these 2 pipes and the double flares, best to buy
ready to go and have less leaks. Just my .00002  "FT"