Re: TR4 clutch questions

To: Dietmar Schlei <dschlei@pressenter.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 clutch questions
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 06:33:06 -0500
At 11:41 PM 5/13/01 -0500, Dietmar Schlei wrote:

>Hi list
>
>I am still struggling with my clutch operation.  I did rebuild the master
>an slave cylinder, put a brand new hose in, and bleed the system in many
>different ways, following the good advises that I got from the list, but my
>problem is still there.  If the clutch pedal was not used for about 15 min,
>the pedal is soft and will not operate the clutch with the first push, the
>second push will barley operate the clutch (the clutch releases and engages
>when the pedal is all the way down to the fire wall, and the third push
>will give a very good clutch operation, just the way it is supposed to be.

Not all master and slave cylinders are rebuildable. They do wear internally
over time, that is why there are companies that advertise resleeving
services. If you have rebuilt them and bled them properly and you are still
having problems, it could be that you need to replace or resleeve 1 or both
of your cylinders.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 # 58