Gearbox Identification Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox Identification Questions
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:34:03 -0800
I have a complete gearbox and overdrive that I purchased from BPNW. It
appears that something is up with the gearbox as the studs on the engine
don't line up with the holes in the gearbox. At the top of the engine there
are 3 studs. The top and the stud to the right of the top line up with holes
in the gearbox while the stud on the left is about 1/4" off.

The serial number appears on the left hand side on the part where the
cross-shaft comes out and is: GT62159. Directly below that the following is
stamped "27 H 65".

On the right hand side the following numbers are cast into the casting.
306812SM underneath that is V2947.

Can anyone help me identify the gearbox that I have? If you need photos
emailed I can do that as well.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA