Re: Supercharged TR6

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, <corey.sherman@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Supercharged TR6
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:30:17 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Perhaps the solution to the TR6 supercharger marketing dilemma is thus:
> Sell a detailed set of plans,  part numbers and parts suppliers instead of
> the hardware.
> I'd gladly pay $30-40 dollars for this info. The manifold on the original

And at $30 a pop for plans... Peter would have to sell like 300 copies to
recoup the work and money he has put into the project.

> TR6 supercharger was made from flat aluminum stock and fabricated with a
> band saw and mig welded together! I can do that myself.

Actually it is a piece of extruded aluminum, with two end caps TIG welded
on, so even simpler :P

> Heck, he could post the plans and info on a web site in Adobe PDF format,
> charge customers to download it, and not have to worry about printing,
> shipping, etc.

Oh yes, one person pays $40 for it in PDF format... downloads it and somehow
it gets all over the web.  I'm anti- Open Source.

> It would be shame to let this superb modification fad into obscurity.
> What do you guys think?

Call Peter, maybe give a deposit if you're serious (and he wants to get back
into it) about wanting one.  Maybe when he has accumulated enough deposits
to warrant production, he would contact you and let you know when you'll
have your kit.  I think this is the best solution, I've mentioned it to
Peter... but I've got my kit.

Kai

///
///