Re: lbc but non-Triumph

To: edwd@ti.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lbc but non-Triumph
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:22:10 EST
In a message dated 3/26/01 7:07:12 AM Mountain Standard Time, edwd@ti.com
writes:

> Are 64 Sprites problematic, or should I say any
> more prone to difficulties than any other LBCs?  Are there any particular
> areas that I should be aware of before purchasing?  I would appreciate any
> advice.

Ed,

I'm also a member of the Spridget list...you just have to sign on to this
list too if you are considering a Sprite.

The 64 should have the 1098 engine, and as English cars go, the Sprite is one
of the more trouble free.  There are all sorts of upgrades available, like to
the 1275 engine of the later cars, and Datusn 5 speed transmissions.  One of
the list members is also supposed to be about finished perfecting a fuel
injection kit.

The parts are comparatively cheap, and a bunch of these cars were made with
most parts interchanging from 61-74.

Robert Houston
74 Midget
63 TR4