Re: head coatings - thermal barrier

To: aribert neumann <aribert@c3net.net>
Subject: Re: head coatings - thermal barrier
From: Steve Daniels <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:09:13 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:44:41 -0500, aribert neumann
<aribert@c3net.net> wrote:

<ceramic coatings for the combustion chamber, threat or menace?>

>Thought and experiences from the list, costs to have this done?
>Patiently awaiting your responses in digest mode.

I've never heard of such a thing.  I think if it were practical,
let alone possible, the higher end auto manufacturers would be
doing it.  Before you take apart your recently rebuilt engine,
take a look at the anti-run on valve.

(Anti-run on valve?)

Yes, the anti-run on valve.  It's located under the charcoal
canister.  It has a vacuum line running from it to somewhere on
the carbs, and there are wires leading from an oil pressure
sensor on the left side of the engine to it.

Its job is to (wait for it) prevent dieseling.  I'd make sure
this unit was working properly before I'd take the engine apart.

///
///