Re: welder safety!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: welder safety!!
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:03:22 EST
In a message dated 01-03-22 17:47:14 EST, technical@iwnet.screaming.net
writes:

<< Shut the valve off during all moves, it only takes a second to close and
 re-open, several minutes to carry the bottle back to the starting position,
 also it will almost certainly put a dent in a LBC if it goes off in that
 direction.

Fellow welders,

Personally I think the safest way to move welding bottles is to take the
extra time to remove the gauge and screw the cap back on top.  Otherwise,
even if the valve is turned off, if the bottle should get away from you and
fall in such a way that the valve hits something, it can break, and....
OOOPS!.

One of the places I used to work at had a drawing of a man with a bottle
sticking through his body right below the sign that said something like "do
not move any bottles without caps installed, this could happen to you"

One other safety note.  Fire extinguishers in the garage.  Minimum two, one
at each end.  You never know where the fire will be, and you might not be
able to get to one .

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA

///