Re: Ignition fault.

To: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition fault.
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:11:32 -0800
Graham :

Just a quick comment about "nearly new" ignition parts.

I traveled back to SoCA with a group of people from last year's VTR
Nationals (in Portland Oregon).  One of them was driving a TR4A and had
replaced the cap and rotor at VTR, because it wasn't running well.  Less
than 200 miles from Portland, it quit altogether.  After some road-side
troubleshooting, we proved that the immediate problem was his 'brand
new' rotor !

Further investigation showed a bad plug wire (actually an intermittant
resistor in the plug cap), which had caused both his old and new rotors
to fail.

Randall

Graham Stretch wrote:

> I put the cap rotor arm and leads from my other car on the faulty one and
> hey presto the fault vanished. The cap and rotor arm are nearly new so I
> don't think they are to blame.

///
///