Re: STC Question

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Subject: Re: STC Question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:38:27 -0700
Cc: triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jerry,
In light of what you (and others) say, I suspect that in order to gain approval
for the addition of the STC plates to the cars that are to have the
model year changed, California necessitated that they do it on all cars
imported during that period.  That way it would be consistent and would not
confuse the underpaid DMV inspectors!

Joe

Jerry Oliver wrote:

> Hi everybody
> Hi Joe
> Been following the discussion on STC plates. My 1966 TR4A, purchased in
> California, has that plate and also the "66" added to the commission number
> for the VIN use from the California title. Washington State picked it up and
> continued the use in the current title. However, I am wondering about the
> model year theory. The BMHT certificate shows CTC66836-L manufactured on 4
> March 1966, and dispatched on 6 April 1966. That's well into the 1966 Model
> year, and probably too early for the 1967 model year. Unlike the Jaguar
> record trace, the BMHT certificate doesn't show the first date of sale, or
> the first owner. Too bad, as that's sometimes very interesting. My 1958
> Jaguar XK150 Roadster was first purchased by The Reverend John Douglas of
> Niagara Falls, New York. His new car was Imperial Maroon, Red interior, Red
> wheels, and Black hood (top). Bet he had fun driving that inconspicuous car
> through the snow drifts.
> Jerry Oliver
> Olympia, WA

///