RE: Old Cars and California License Plate politics - non CA listers can

To: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>, "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old Cars and California License Plate politics - non CA listers can delete!
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:21:38 -0800
Brad,

Actually the year of manufacture license plate is already available for 1962
in California --- I successfully used it for my TR3B (although it took a
while to get it all through the system). On the "down" side, that year was
the last of the black on yellow plates --- the yellow on black that
everybody wants started in 1963, which I couldn't qualify for (but hopefully
your TR4A will now be able to).

Dave Moag
62 TR3B (old black on yellow plates)
77 Spitfire (modern, but at least they say "77 Spit")
La Canada, CA

>A bill has been reintroduced to allow Year of Manufacture plates to be
>re-registered for 1962 to1973 vehicles. 1961 and prior year vehicles have
>enjoyed this opportunity for years.
>
>Those of you who would like to acquire and register an old black &
>yellow or
>blue & yellow CA plate will be able to do so, if our esteemed Governor does
>not veto the bill again.

///
///