RE: * Mileage *

To: Hotmail <wbrazinski@hotmail.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: * Mileage *
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:09:45 -0800
Steven Newell wrote :
> In general I believe that an old car driven
> regularly will be
> much more reliable than an old car driven on nice weekends.

I'll second that !!!

Wayne wrote :

> Am I out of my mind to think I could drive my TR3A 400 miles per
> week during
> the Summer back and forth to work?

Perhaps, but it's a nice form of insanity !  I think it's very doable (I do
it year-round, but my commute is only about 200 miles/week) as long as you
don't mind arriving at work with wind blown hair and a smile on your face.

The key is regular maintenance.  Triumphs are definitely higher maintenance
than modern cars.  I use modern lubricants, and stretch my service intervals
out to 5K miles for oil change (changing filter every time), 10K for a
complete lube, inspection and tune-up.  I wouldn't try to go any further
than that.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver

///